Friday, February 10, 2006

A good day was Friday

Tonight, my first Friday night in the area, I went to DC to visit Anne Louise and got completely 100% lost on the way there but she patiently talked me through it and got me to her apartment, where she informed me I had indeed been lost in the proverbial ghetto.

We went to Union Station and took the metro to Chinatown, and tried a couple restaurants before deciding on La Tasca, a tapas restaurant (www.latascausa.com). I loved the restaurant. We each got 3 tapas: I had vegetable paella, fried shrimp, and garlic and cheese bread, and Anne Louise had scallops, Spanish sausage in some sort of sauerkraut or something, and a tomato and feta salad. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. They also have about 10 specialty sangrias and so we both tried one--mine, chosen on the recommendation of the waitress, was made with white and red grapes, grape juice, and blush wine. It was probably the best drink I have ever had.

After dinner we went to see the Woody Allen movie "Match Point" at a theater relatively nearby. It was an interesting movie and the theater shows many independent films--makes the Kentucky Theater's offerings look meager. We saw a preview for a movie coming out called "Joyeux Noel" that looks so good--it's about the WWI Christmas Eve ceasefire of 1914.

Anyway--that's my night. As far as my day went: more work on the project reports, but this time with a lot of input from Boss A. We sat down together and worked through several of them and he told me more background, and we brainstormed more ideas for the website and had a "get to know you" sort of conversation. At the end of the day I felt happy about my work, my bosses, and my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home