Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ack...A Sweltering Meltdown

Just noting some facts.

It is 100 degrees in my apartment (aka bedroom) so I am not physically able to drink my new Green tea with lemongrass, coconut, and ginger that I just got at Barnes and Noble because all of my insides would sizzle up and my outsides would turn to dust and crumble at my feet, which wouldn't be there anymore because they would have vaporized.

The new Futureheads album is out, but because I don't live in the UK I can't have it yet. And the new Amy Millan CD is out, but it's from Canada so I probably can't have it either. And a bunch of other CDs are out too that I can't have yet. Being an American is very uncool sometimes. Especially if you want to be British.

I finished Madame Bovary. It was OK. Better in retrospect than it was when I was actually reading it. I think the fact that I related it during a conversation with Rebecca means something.

I started The Picture of Dorian Gray. I love it so far. I guess I should mention that I haven't actually started it yet. I did read the first 35 pages which were actually the introduction by some scholar named Camille something or other. The introduction was super. I learned a lot about the Decadent movement, the Aesthetetes, and dandies. It's pretty cool; I think dandy means someone who wears a flower in their lapel and buys a lot of really luxe furniture and clothes. I would have liked to meet Oscar Wilde. I also learned that he converted to Catholicism on his deathbed, so maybe I'll meet him in heaven. I wonder what God thinks about deathbed conversions. I wonder if they're legit.

Bob Marley emailed me today to see if I want to go for a walk. I did not reply and I am not going to. At the time, yesterday evening was fun, but now I can't go downtown anymore because what if he's there and won't leave me alone again? Sort of like how I can't go back to the Mexican place because the owner asked me out to the movies and gave me a margarita.

There are gnats crawling on my keyboard. I think that has something to do with the fact that it's 100 degrees in here, but my windows have a screen on them so the bugs must be spontaneously producing in my floorboards or walls. Maybe Boss B put a gnat nest in my room to torture me. She would probably do that.

I think I'll skip work tomorrow and read Dorian Gray, swim, and make a bunch of iced green coconut lemongrass ginger tea. And daydream about moving back to Lexington, because that's pretty much all I do anyway. That and eat soft foods and listen to the Futureheads. And sweat.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want some of that tea!!

plan-an-event-a-rama

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! A little bit of cellulite on my quadricepts volvo xc90 Omix ada jeep Discounted baccarat crystal Rci+timeshare life infrared saunas Seo company gaborone How to respool fishing line Utilize dual hard drives basketball in st. louis jogging

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home