Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Dream of Guacamole

So last night I dreamed that Mom and I were grocery shopping in some weird grocery store in Frankfort, Kentucky, where I'm from and where my family lives. I accosted her for trying to buy non-organic milk, but when we looked for organic milk there was none. Mom wanted to make fajitas for dinner, and this required guacamole. I suggested she buy the fresh guacamole, or maybe even one of those seasoning packets where you can chop up your own avocados and season it with the packet like my friend Amy does, but she insisted she was going to do it like she had always done, and headed to the canned food aisle. Picking up a small can that had a picture on the front bearing no resemblance to guacamole, she said:

"It's french fries in green soupy stuff, and you mash everything together and it makes guacamole. You love it. You ate nearly the whole thing of it last time I made it."

I was appalled and refused to believe this. She bought it, but there was no way I was going to touch the stuff with a thirty-three and a half foot pole.

In real life, mom would of course not stoop this low. She'd buy real avocados and do all the seasoning herself.

As my friend Gray says, "That's the way to operate."

I

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a funny dream! I can only imagine what it means! MoT

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... cadillac sts Delete history computer drive Malaysian patent laws Hp hood retirement plan Graphics card radeon98 crestview cadillac west covina california Farmers insurance company http www.indianafarmers.com http clarks twinblock appliance buick open golf tournament Instant beauty lifting ampoules for the face Huge+breast+implants Subaru forrester 2006

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! film editing schools

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home